Do you have a broken tooth?
It probably does not need a crown! We have personally restored thousands of fractured teeth utilizing bonded composite, with a success rate of over 90%.
The advantages of not crowning or "capping" the tooth are:
- The cost is a fraction of that you will pay for a crown (currently $800-$1200 in the Phoenix metro area)
- No need to remove a good tooth structure
- Avoidance of unnecessarily irritating the nerve of the tooth due to excessive grinding, which can lead to possible root canal therapy.
- Usually no need for anesthesia.
- Less irritation to the gum and decreased risk of gum recession.
- Esthetics of the natural tooth are preserved, since there is no need to match the crown color to the surrounding teeth.
- A single 30 minute visit, versus 1.5 hours over 2 visits with a crown restoration.
A bonded composite restoration is the most conservative, cost effective, and gentle way to fix the problem in one easy visit.